Frequently Asked Questions
What is Permanent Makeup?
Micro-pigmentation or permanent makeup places small amounts of pigment into the skin to achieve natural looking results. This eliminates the need for daily application/touch up of makeup including brows, eyelids and lips.
What is the Process:
- Initial consultation
- Schedule the procedure
- The application of pigment
- A follow up visit for retouch may be desired to fix any imperfections.
What are the results
- Hours after procedure: the color will darken because of swelling
- Few days later during the healing process:
- The top layer of skin will flake off resulting in a lighter color
- The color will not smear, smudge or wear off
What about Pain?
Most people say the procedure feels like “plucking” or “tickling”. Some clients experience some temporary redness and slight swelling of the treated area.
Does it look natural?
High quality pigments will compliment your skin tone, eye and hair color resulting in a natural looking results.
Reasons to consider Permanent Makeup
- Health Issues:
- Thyroid issues
- Chemotherapy Treatments
- Allergies to conventional cosmetics
- Arthritis, unsteady hands
- Loss of hair or Alopecia
- Contact lenses or visual impairment
- Saves time and hassles for people with:
- Poor Hand/eye control
- An active Lifestyle
- Difficulty Applying Makeup
- Overactive sweating
- Want a natural appearance:
- No smears or smudges
- No more lipstick stains
- Ends the hassle of drawing brows evenly or correctly every day
How long will it last?
This varies with each individual person’s body chemistry, though the usual duration is between two to five years